Information We Collect
We collect information about our users when users provide that information to us. Examples of such information collection include, for example, when you sign up to join our email list, when you sign up for an event, or when you take some sort of action through the Website. The kinds of information we may collect include your first and last name, your email address, your mailing address or zip code, your phone number, and any other information you choose to provide to us in connection with your use of the Website. Sometimes you provide the information to a trusted third-party vendor on our behalf instead of directly to us, but that vendor uses your information only for the purpose for which it was provided.
Information that Is Passively or Automatically Collected
When you visit the Website, we may automatically receive and record information from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to understand how people are navigating and using our Website, and how we can improve your experience based on the information we collect. The types of information we may collect include, by way of example only, your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, state or country from which you accessed the Website, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Website, error logs and other similar information. From your IP address, we may be able to infer your general location (e.g., city and state or postal code).
We may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, such as web server logs, cookies and tracking pixels, to help us collect the data described above. We use the term “cookie” in the broad sense to include all similar techniques and technologies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or device when you visit a website that stores certain information about your website usage. For example, cookies enable us to recognize your computer; store your preferences and settings; enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests; perform searches and analytics; and assist with security administrative functions.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the purposes for which you provided it, as well as:
- To provide you access to the Website by recognizing and authenticating you on the Website.
- To maintain and improve the Website, including:
- To provide the features and services available through the Website;
- To improve the content and features of the Website or to develop new services;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Website.
- To contact you, including:
- To send you information about your relationship with us;
- To contact you with information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback.
- For internal research and reporting.
- To comply with laws and regulations for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
We may also aggregate or de-identify information we collect from you so that it is no longer linked to you or your computer or device. We may, in our sole discretion, use such aggregated and de-identified information for any purpose and may share such information with third parties.